The services are only for those with discharge of honorable. If you have a discharge of OTH or dishonorable, we may be able to guide you to upgrade your status. Reach out if you have questions.

Our board members can help you with any of the following:

  • Financial Planning – If you’re looking to invest your money, plan for your future, or just need to talk to someone with a financial background, we can help. We have helped many veterans revise their monthly budgets to start saving more and invest their back pay, disability, or SSI funds to work for themselves and their families. We have helped veterans apply for home loans and bank accounts. We have connections in the financial sector, so if we are unable to answer your questions we have a great network that can help.
  • Housing advocate – If you’ve been waiting a long time for your housing voucher or you don’t know where to start, we can help. We have helped several veterans get into transitional housing, push housing voucher interviews, and give housing advice. You don’t need to qualify for SSVF or any other government program for us to help. We will do what we can no matter what financial circumstance you are facing.
  • Personal advocate – If you need someone to help you make phone calls or sit in on meetings, we can help. We have sat in on doctor appointments with female veterans who felt unsafe with male doctors and have attended court appointments as character witnesses. We have also connected veterans with legal resources and directed them to other organizations that WILL help.
  • Career Planning – With over 40 years’ corporate experience, we can help with your career/job planning needs. We can help you rewrite your resume, assist in job searching, assist with getting connected on LinkedIn, and much more. If you’re looking for options to use your GI bill or looking for a career change, we can coach you so that you will be successful in your next career endeavor.
  • Other Resource Connections – Confused about navigating the VA system or how to go about getting help from your community, we may be able to help.
    Here are a few things we have assisted with outside the usual requests:

    • If you’re looking to get help with drug/alcohol abuse and don’t want to go to the VA for assistance
    • Need help moving or storage (when funding allows)
    • Paperwork for general relief funds (food stamps and cash aid)
    • Providing emergency hotel payments (when funding allows)
    • Driver’s License renewal, as needed

External Resources

If you’re just looking for some general veteran resources, here are a few we often refer to:

If you’re in Los Angeles County and a homeless veteran, see Steps to Help Homeless Veterans – LA. If you have an ID and were honorably discharged, you may be able to go into transitional housing.