Our Housing for Veterans program provides shared housing for single veterans.
- We acquire homes that have been left sitting empty for a while and have been donated or acquired from well-known lenders.
- Our housing is affordable for everyone.
- This is permanent shared housing. We are not government funded; therefore, we don’t have the restrictions of subsidized housing.
- Cost of rental is dependent on current income.
- Tenants pay no more than 30% of their income.
- Residents have their own bedroom.
- Our housing allows for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) and pets while currently Veteran-only housing allows for service dogs.
The purpose of this program is to do the following:
- Collaborative efforts that create a stronger impact in the community we are serving.
- Build up property values for communities that have been left to fend for themselves.
- Assist veterans in finding a safe/affordable home that they can be proud of.
You can watch the progress of each home on the CMP – Housing for Veterans Facebook page.
Time-limits and Qualifications for Program
- Accepted applicants can stay a maximum of five years, unless they are disabled or over 55 years old.
- Payment will be due the first Friday of each month. If late, a $5 fee will be charged for each day late.
- Security deposit, depends on financial need.
- If the veteran would like to remove themselves from the property, they must give CMP a 30-day notice prior to their departure.
- Background check is required, but paid for by CMP. The background check is required so that CMP understand the financial assistance each person needs and to ensure those renting from CMP do not have a warrant or felony record.
NOTE: If felony is recorded, the felony will be under review and the application process to take longer than usual.
- Must have copy of DD214.
- Must have reliable references, whom CMP can contact.
- At this time, only single men and women can enter in to the program.
Watch this short video explaining how the program works.