With an estimated 18 M+ vacant homes (Zombie houses) and 3.5M people a day being homeless, a solution is needed for permanent housing. Many neighborhoods are being dotted with abandoned houses stuck in foreclosure. These properties often become uninhabitable because they’ve fallen into disrepair. The vacant homes often attract drug dealers and squatters and bring down the value of surrounding properties. At the same time, an estimated 47,000 veterans are experiencing homelessness on our streets and almost 1.5 million veterans live in poverty.
Carry Me Productions manages the low-income housing program for veterans, Operation Homes for Heroes, which is currently operating in Pinellas County, FL.
Our first property is located in Clearwater, FL.
To prevent low-income veterans from becoming homeless, Carry Me Productions (CMP) is working on housing models that are very cost effective for the surrounding community and the tenants. As a nonprofit, CMP can offer rental reduced housing so veterans can feel comfortable paying what they can afford rather than paying market rate. A lot of other nonprofits use housing vouchers to subsidize the cost of their buildings, but in reality those nonprofits are making a fortune off tax payers.
Operation Homes for Heroes provides shared housing for single veterans.
- We acquire homes that have been left sitting empty for a while and have been donated or acquired from well-known lenders.
- Our housing is affordable for everyone.
- This is permanent shared housing. We are not government funded; therefore, we don’t have the restrictions of subsidized housing. Cost of rental is dependent on current income.
- Residents have their own bedroom.
- Our housing allows for Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) or pets while currently Veteran-only housing allows for service dogs.
The purpose of this program is to do the following:
- Collaborative efforts that create a stronger impact in the community we are serving.
- Build up property values for communities that have been left to fend for themselves.
- Assist veterans in finding a safe/affordable home that they can be proud of.
Follow CMP on most social media outlets to keep up-to-date on the progress of each home CMP acquires for this program and how you can give back to a veteran for serving us.